Roasted Beet, Sugar Snap Pea and Arugula Salad
- 3 medium beets, trimmed
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dillweed.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bunch fresh arugula, trimmed and washed
Preheat oven to 375°F. Wrap beets in aluminum foil. Bake until tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool. Peel beets and cut into wedges. Cook sugar snap peas in large saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Pat dry. Mix mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually mix in oil, then dill and sugar. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover sugar snap peas and chill. Cover dressing and beets separately and let stand at room temperature.) Line platter with arugula. Mix beets, sugar snap peas and dressing in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon atop arugula.