Pear and Granola Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup plain granola
- 2 pears (2 cups), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 Granola Crisp Topping or 3/4 cup plain granola
For Granola Crisp Topping
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, yogurt, and butter. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add egg mixture to well, and mix in flour mixture until just combined. Gently fold in the granola and pears.
Make Granola Crisp Topping: In a bowl, toss together 1/2 cup granola, 1/4 cup each all-purpose flour and packed light-brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter into pieces; add to granola mixture, and rub in with fingertips until clumps form.
Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each 3/4 full. Sprinkle with granola topping. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tin. Serve warm or at room temperature.