Shredded Chicken and Tomatillo TAcos with Queso Fresco
- 6 tomatillos, husked, washed, and grilled until blackened
- 1 serrano, grilled until blackened
- Olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 blue corn tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
Preheat the grill to medium. Add the blackened tomatillos and serrano to a small sauté pan and briefly sauté in a little olive oil on the grates of the grill.
Place the tomatillos, serrano, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and honey in a blender and blend until smooth. Place the tomatillo mixture in a large sauté pan and place on the grates of the grill. Bring the mixture to a simmer, add the chicken, and heat through.
Place the tortillas on the grill, and grill for 20 seconds on each side. Spoon the chicken mixture into the tortillas and top with a few tablespoons of queso fresco. Fold the tortillas in half serve immediately.
- 3 ripe Haas avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 tomatillos, husked, washed and diced
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Carefully combine avocados, tomatillos, lime juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Mix in the green onions and cilantro. May be made up to 30 minutes in advance and refrigerated.