- 3 medium purple potatoes (or you can use sweet potatoes)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil (more for cooking eggs, roasting potatoes)
- 1 bunch of green or tuscan kale, stems removed and rough chopped
- 3 large pasture raised humane certified chicken eggs
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- red pepper flakes
- cilantro and green onions to garnish, or you can substitute parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1″ chunks
- Toss potatoes in just enough oil to coat, place in oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until slightly tender
- Place 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil in a heavy cast iron skillet and heat over low. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add potatoes to skillet with additional tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil and increase temperature to medium high. Cook potatoes for 5-6 minutes, until browning and then flip. Repeat for roughly 20 minutes, until all sides of potatoes have been browned. Add kale and cook until well softened.
- Season potatoes and onion with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and red pepper flakes (optional) to taste.
- Cook eggs in a separate skillet by bring enough ghee or coconut oil to coat the pan to medium heat. Sprinkle with sea salt and red pepper flakes. Crack eggs into pan and fry until cooked to your liking.
- Place eggs on top of potatoes, garnish generously with sliced green onions and chopped cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!