Israeli Couscous with Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cup Israeli or pearl couscous
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts leaves (from 8 ounces Brussels sprouts)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous, and simmer, covered, until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium high-sided skillet over high heat. Cook brussels sprouts leaves until tender and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir brussels sprouts leaves into couscous. Stir in remaining tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.